Sunday, June 28, 2009

Navajo Tacos



Navajo Frybread:

1 C flour

1 dash salt

1 tsp. baking powder

warm water to make a soft dough

Mix ingredients together to make a nice soft dough, should not be sticky. Knead for 10 minutes and let set about half an hour covered with a dish towel. Then roll out or form into navajo taco and drop into hot oil until a nice golden brown on both sides. Top with refried beans or chilli, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, and onions. Awww... yummers!

3 comments:

nana said...

Also, if you need to be faster, you can get the frozen ready to bake roll dough (yeast bread) thaw it out, form into navajo taco and fry. Enjoy! Love you, Mama

Beki said...

I'm glad you posted this recipe. I may try to do it someday. I love you mom.

nana said...

I love you too, Beki! Bo asked for some simple dinner recipes, I sure didn't have many. Can you think of any more?